
Ok, so this guy is claiming that you shouldn't buy an iPhone right now. This is all stemming from AT&T's CEO mentioning (leaking?) that a new 3G version would arrive in '08. Well, maybe he (the aforementioned) is right, I mean, if you don't mind waiting until next Summer that is. That's right people. I seriously doubt that Apple is going to release a new iPhone in January (right after the Christmas holidays). Read that line again. They might announce one at Macworld in January, but I don't think they'll release one until at least a year after the original release (June '07 as I recall). On the heals of the European release as well as that $200 rebate debacle, I doubt that Apple wants to make any more enemies right now. Keep in mind that a new version would likely have a larger memory capacity as well, thus further agitating early adopters.
Okay, this might just be my own selfish justification for having bought one prematurely, but I think if you look back in time, you'll find that the iPods usually got released, at least, every one and a half years apart from each other. If you really need to buy one now, and I know you do, just pass it on to one of your family members once the new ones with 3G come out. Your mom or younger sibling won't know the difference between Edge or 3G will she? Heck no! I rest my case.
No comments:
Post a Comment