Okay, if you're like me and you've bought an iPhone recently, only to find that it's a major pain in the ass to control music playback while driving, then you need to check out the Griffin Technology: AutoPilot. It is quite possibly the best car accessory that you're going to find, if you're experiencing the same dilemma as I am.I always predicted that this would be the biggest issue with the touch display and sure enough, I was right...until now. Okay, so the best thing about the Autopilot is it's handy track/play/pause controls that appear on the face of the power adaptor part. These controls let you control all of the necessary playback controls of the iPhone/iPod Touch that would otherwise cause you to run your car off the road. I essentially just plug this baby into my iPhone, press play on the glowing green/amber play button, and I'm done. I can then advance fwd/back my tracks or scan (by holding down either of the track buttons) without taking my eyes off the road. It also helps if you're power outlet/cigarette adaptor is within arm's reach, otherwise you might still risk rear-ending somebody.
The power unit has a line out that connects to your stereo (via aux-in) or to your cassette adaptor. When you first plug the iPod cord into your iPhone, your phone will ask you if you want to switch to airplane mode for static-free listening. I always choose not to (b/c I still want to receive calls), and somehow I'm picking up even less interference than I was prior to using the Autopilot. I'm not sure if that's due to the Autopilot or due to the fact that I started putting my iPhone inside my center console (I have an '03 Jetta). I haven't done a thorough test on that matter. Either way, I'm totally pleased with this thing. Good job Griffin. You guys continue to make the obscure, yet useful products that everyone else seems to overlook.
No comments:
Post a Comment