Wednesday, December 12, 2007

iTunes to PS3 Streaming finally!!!


Ever since Sony released UPnP support for the PS3, I have been wanting to somehow connect my iTunes library to my media center via the PS3. I had tried some other (not free) app that supposedly did the same thing, but it never worked for me. It was the trial version so maybe that's why. I can't even find it on Versiontracker anymore. I've been using an old PC running Windows Media Center, but that sucks because the tagging is all off and I don't ever use that computer so basically everything is out of date. Now finally, the fellas over at NullRiver have announced that they will be releasing a version of their "Connect360" app for the PS3 (assumingly named "ConnectPS3"). Seriously, this makes so much more sense from a mindshare perspective. I mean, why the hell are Mac users playing the 360? Where's your loyalty??? Okay, okay, I'm calm now. But seriously, this is going to make my life easier and probably yours. Here's another article if you want to read more on the subject.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this post. I went and checked out MediaLink (I think ConnectPS3 must have made too much sense) and ended up buying it. Works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I ended up using Nullsoft's Medialink as well. It does work great and I especially love the video capabilities. I'm glad the post was helpful to you.

    ReplyDelete