
Apple announced today that they plan to offer DRM-free music from EMI's entire digital catalog on the iTunes site for $1.29/song.
So, are people really happy with buying stuff direct to download? I've tried it of course and it IS convenient, but I have to say that it's almost more of a headache than it is a convenience. I mean, you end up having to deal with backing up the stuff that you've downloaded and you never have the compression-free version to do with as you please. Even DRM-free content doesn't seem to solve this problem, as far as I'm concerned. What do you think? It seems like the company that makes providing unlimited storage of personal music, movies, etc is really going to clean up in today's information age. If nothing else, I think the companies providing said content, should offer unlimited re-downloads of media that you've previously purrchased from them. that is, assuming you can prove you bought it in the first place. This would at least give people a safe guard in the case they've had a HD crash.
Thoughts?
No comments:
Post a Comment