Thursday, March 29, 2007

GOW2 - Theseus was a bad-ass in real life too...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theseus
Yeah, so I was playing GOW2 again last night and I finally beat that bastard Theseus. I got curious about the real Theseus though, when I went searching for a picture of him from the game (which I couldn't find by the way).
Anyway, I just wanted to say that jeezus that was a pain in ass - that guy was. It was really more about the minotaurs though, as I guess he was a bit over the hill after standing there atop of the Steeds of Time for all those years (so I presume). Oh and, while I'm on the subject... It's a brilliant game, which I've already pointed out, but what's with the lack of save points in games these days?
I'm not necessarily referring to the bosses in particular, as those points usually trigger a save automatically, although in this case I still had to run across the chain-link bridge/etc/etc again and again once re-tiring/re-starting the game. I'm more referring to longer spans of time in which you've accomplished A, B, & C and then die. Now you have to go and do that all over again. It's not just GOW2, but others as well. Actually, Resistance Fall of Man is an even better example of this. Another fantastic game, with just this one complaint. Do game developers these days take joy in knowing that you have to agonize over the same sections of a level over and over again? What's up with that? It doesn't succeed in making me want to play it more and more, except when it's 1:00am and I can't go to sleep in fear of having to do it all over again. Though, in those cases I'm just pissed-off. But, it does make me NOT as willing to play something when I'm sitting there thinking that, "if I turn it on tonight, I'm going to have to repeat a bunch of crap all over again. Ahh hell!"

No comments:

Post a Comment