
OMG! So far I've played through about the first 2 or 3 sections of the game (trying to balance fatherhood with my gaming addiction can be rough), but what I've seen so far is absolutely amazing. This game is everything that a game should be and more. The only thing that I can say is, I can't wait for
GOW3, b/c while this is visually spectacular for a PS2 game, or any platform for that matter, I would still so love to see this in HD with textures greater than 64x64. What are your thoughts? and if you haven't played this yet, what the hell are you waiting for?
You can go here for more info on
GOW2.And here's some information on
GOW3.
I agree, the game is awesome in virtually every concievable way--including length, even though it's short the pacing feels just right through out the experience.
ReplyDeleteMy only regret is that this will truly be the swan song of the current generation, which is a pity since as GOW2 clearly proves, developrs are barely beginning to gain a handle on the hardware. Who knows what great things could've been developed had the PS2/Cube/XBox had another year or two more in their life cycle. If you ask me change is good, but sometimes it can happen a bit too fast.
That being said, I can't wait for GOW3!
-L
Hi l.e.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I have to say I agree with what you're saying. I think you're unwittingly helping Sony's argument for their cell technology though, whether you meant to or not. But yes, I definitely appreciate a hardware/software developer that thinks long-term, and with games like this coming out at the end of a system's cycle, who could argue with that philosophy.